I must have over 100 lights between my house and cars. The BSS V4 is hands down the best designed and highest quality light I have ever seen in sixty years of outdoor work. The attention to detail and many features reveal this was designed by a smart, experienced person. Thanks Jack.
It comes with so many things, here are a few:
1. Built in charger port (no need to remove battery)
2. Multiple brightness settings
3. Extra parts, carrying pouch
I agree the instructions are weak, but you have never seen a flashlight like this. It's worth twice the price so I intend to grab a few of them and the BSS 1 as well.
BSS V4 - Great light
Overall the BSS V4 is a great light. I can't really fault the light for much. You won't go wrong buying one. The only real issue I have is the instructions, which I'll detail below. Is it the brightest light? No. Is it the fanciest? No. Is it one of the best all around balanced and well built lights? Yes.
Overall features well thought out
Comes with spare parts
Firefly mode turns out to be considerably more useful than I thought
This is where I have an issue. It's one of those situations where they are technically accurate(mostly) but only partially helpful and sometimes not correct. For instance, it says a shortcut to firefly mode is available, except it isn't. It's just the same instructions to get into firefly mode as written elsewhere. So here's the lowdown:
1. The side switch is for firefly, low, med, high and lock/unlock. The tail switch is turbo mode only. It is both momentary and continuous.
2. To lock, turn light off, hold side button for a couple seconds and it will first turn on firefly. Release and hold down a second time and it will lock. To unlock, hold the button down and it will unlock. When it is locked if you tap the side button instead of holding it down to unlock it, the led in the button will light up red for a short time indicating it is locked. Also note that if it is locked and you use the tail switch to try to turn on turbo, then the led in the side button will be lit as long as the tail switch is held down.
3. To get into strobe mode you have to unlock the light, then while either on or off, rapidly click the side switch 3 times.
One last item is the materials list high mode as 130 seconds + 150 mins. I'm not sure how to interpret that.